Tuesday, January 26, 2010

*~Intro Letter of Jessica Millan~*


I'm Jessica, but my friends call me Jess. I'm also known as Sarah Pailin when I wear my glasses...
I was born in Cuernavaca, Morelos.. It's located in the southern middle part of Mexico. I grew up here in San Diego since I was 2. I've moved around North County. So I went from K-4 in Rock Springs school (Escondido), and spent some of the kinder garden and 4th grade in Mexico in a Private Canadian school called "El Canadiense". Then I went to 5th grade in Lincoln elementary school (Escondido). 6-7 grade I went to Grant middle school (Escondido). And moved to Mexico for a year, and didn't do 8th grade. Then I tried to enroll in middle school for 8th grade but they didn't allow me so I had to move up to 9th grade in San Marcos High School. I was there a couple of months then we moved to Carmel Valley and I went from 9-12 grade at Westview High school in Poway. Then I went to Palomar Community College for 2 1/2 years and then transferred in Fall 2009 here in CSUSM.

I guess i'm Pc because that is what I have, but I wouldn't mind switching if I find Mac to be more interesting. I am very dependable on technology.. I'm attached to my Iphone more than I probably should. It completes me pretty much. It tells me what time it is, it reminds me of appts, it lets me check up on emails and replies, it's the newspaper for my friends life lol, its my only camera at the moment, and helps me get amused on super boring moments, it also keeps me sane by hearing music. It has actually kept me off the computer for days and sometimes weeks! I am using Microsoft office 2007 for PC office all the time. I think I only used Microsoft Office for Mac once because all the PCs were being used in the library and for my luck I had to re due some of the research on the Mac because it didn't accept the PC info..

In the mission statement, what spoke to me most was about preparing thoughtful educators and advancing professional practices. I hope my experience that I gain in this class and in my other classes here in CSUSM will help me in any future practices in teaching. I hope to continue to learn and become better in any kinda of practices that will assist my future students in learning. I am aware that my students' minds will depend on my teachings and learning experiences. This was a factor in applying here in CSUSM. I was glad to know there was specially a program known as the ICP that will help me navigate in areas that best interest my future as a teacher..

8 comments:

  1. Hey yeah I think I have seen you in the wc before :) haha well anyway in regards to your intro letter, I thought it was interesting that you got to skip an entire grade, even if it was on accident! So in your opinion, how does schooling in Mexico compare with the states? Did you notice drastic changes in information learned, classroom policies or classroom management? Or was it essentially the same with just a few minor differences?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed you had to move alot and go to various different schools, was that hard for you? Which place that you lived in was the most exciting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica! It was very nice reading about you and I totally agree with you on the ipod. Although I don't have an ipod, I would die without my blackjack. I program all my alarms and appointments in there. If its not in my blackjack, then I'll forget all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jessica! Your school background is definitely interesting! It must have been quite an experience moving around so much. At the bottom you talked about ICP. Are you in the program? I am and I think it's so beneficial! Helping especially get up to 15 units while everyone else's limit is still 13 and saving spots. Anyways that's just for the current situation. It really is cool how the block the different subjects together for each semester and then that helps when you have to take the tests (CBEST, CSETs, and RICA).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jess!
    I have most of my classes with you this semester. It is great to see u almost everyday lol. Your intro letter was interesting I would have never guessed. I loved your sarah Pailin comment it made me laugh and now that you pointed it out, I can so see it :) l

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jessica,
    I was just curious as to why you did some of your schooling in Mexico? Did you start at Westview when it first opened or were you there after the school had started up fully and had full classes 9th-12th? I grew up in Poway and Westview opened up at the beginning of my sophomore or junior year. Hope to get to know more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jessica!
    From the sound of it, it seems you have moved around a lot! I think it is so amazing that you did some of your schooling in Mexico! That is really interesting = ). Like you said on the comment on my blog, I wish I had a Mac as well, and my iphone is definitely the best! I see you are also in ICP. I am taking the prerequisites this semester, to hopefully get into the program this upcoming fall! So far, it seems like a lot of work, but It is very beneficial that it is such a structured program = ).

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow you grew up in so many places!! Was that fun or annoying after a while!

    ReplyDelete